What would the Take Our Daughters And Sons To Work program be without a comprehensive list of “things to do” to assist parents and guardians in planning and preparing for the Day on Thursday, April 26, 2018? The following checklist will provide you with tasks to complete prior to the event and tips on how to talk about work-family issues in a way that your daughter or son will understand.
NOTE: This list was created to assist you with the process and outlines suggestions for your Day. If you choose to utilize this tool you may want to customize the list to reflect specifics of your Day.
THREE TO SIX MONTHS BEFORE EVENT
- Contact your employer/supervisor and ask if your company/department will be participating in Take Our Daughters And Sons To Work Day on Thursday, April 26, 2018.
- Ask who will be organizing activities for the event and inform that person that you would like to participate by bringing your daughter or son or by assisting with planning.
- Ask your daughter or son if they would like to attend Take Our Daughters And Sons To Work Day at your office and explain to them what the program is about.
- Find out what your daughter or son’s career/professional interests are. Perhaps you can suggest a workshop to your workplace organizer based on this interest.
- Review your daughter or son’s school calendar and see what is planned at school for that day.
- Contact your daughter or son’s school to inform them that your child will be participating in the event on Thursday, April 26, 2018. Ask your daughter or son’s teacher what school assignment needs to be completed for that day.
- Request the agenda from your workplace organizer. Review it with your daughter or son and go over expectations for the day in regard to learning and behavior.