Ever wish you had a list of “things to do” to plan for Take Our Daughters And Sons To Work® Day? Well, now you do! The following checklist will provide you with tasks to complete prior to the event. The checklist starts three to six months out and goes until the day before April 26, 2018.
NOTE: This list was created to assist you with the process and outlines suggestions for your Day. If you choose to utilize this tool you may want to customize the list to reflect specifics of your Day.
TWO MONTHS BEFORE THE EVENT
- Meet with planning committee.
- Order gifts for the Day.
- Get decorations and/or materials for activities.
- Confirm number of girls and boys.
- Email parents/mentors the agenda. Note if schedule is tentative.
- Encourage parents/mentors to notify child’s school of their participation.
- Notify public relations department to announce your workplace participation in the event.
- Review agenda and determine what is needed to successfully execute the activities.
ONE MONTH TO TWO WEEKS BEFORE EVENT
- Meet with volunteers as necessary.
- Order breakfast.
- Order lunch.
- Buy or order snacks.
- Re-confirm reservation of conference room space.
- Create nametags.
- Draft notes for welcome address.
- Set up gifts for the Day.
THE WEEK OF THE EVENT TO DAY/NIGHT BEFORE
- Send a reminder email to staff.
- Send updated agenda/schedule to participants.
- Set up rooms.
- Last minute details.
ONE TO SEVEN DAYS AFTER THE EVENT
- Send a thank you email to staff.
- Post pictures on workplace Web site or intranet.
- Visit Take Our Daughters And Sons To Work® Web site and tell us how your Day went.