Last modified: March 19, 2021
The Take Our Daughters and Sons to Work Foundation, a North Carolina non-profit, ("Foundation," "we," or "us") respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through compliance with this Privacy Notice.
This notice describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website daughtersandsonstowork.org, as well as any mobile versions thereof, (the "Website") and/or register for, engage with, or participate in any events or services provided by the Foundation (the "Services") and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This notice applies to information we collect:
- Through the Website, including, but not limited to, registration for any Services, account set-up, and log-in information.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and Foundation.
- When you participate in and interact with Foundation Services.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Through any other means, including on any other website operated by any third party; or
- Any third party, including through any application or content that may link to or be accessible through the Website.
Children under the Age of 16
Our Website is not intended for children under 16 years of age. No one under age 16 may provide any information directly to us. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If you are under 16, do not use or provide any information on this Website or through any of its features, register for any Services, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features during the Services, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us through our Contact Form.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information, including:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, geographic location based on postal code and/or country, IP addresses, e-mail address, telephone number, organization identifier, event roles (student, teacher, parent, organizer), school name, school address, gender, age, grade, and/or place of employment by which you may be contacted online or offline ("personal information");
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and participate in Services.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect may include:
- Information that you provide to us such as completing forms on our Website, registering for Services, creating an account with us, placing an order for a product or service, or making a donation. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website or Services.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide payment information through third-party payment processor before placing an order through our Website.
- Your search queries on the Website.
- Information or content you provide to be published or displayed (hereinafter, "posted") on public areas or transmitted to us, other users, or third parties during the use of the Services (collectively, "User Contributions"). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Services with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website and Services, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and usage patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website and participation in our Services, including traffic data, location data, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is only statistical data and does not include personal information. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver better and more personalized Services, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about user preferences, allowing us to customize our Website and Services according to our user's interests.
- Speed up your searches.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of our the Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Foundation, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To register you for our Services.
- To provide you with information about the Foundation's products or services.
- To request or solicit feedback from you about purchased products and/or Services in which you participated.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it, including, but not limited to, participation in the Services.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website and during participation in our Services.
- Inform sponsors, participating schools, and other participating organizations aggregate, de-identified statistical and demographic information about users participating in certain Services.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
We may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide as described in this privacy notice:
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to facilitate our Services and complete user transactions.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Foundation's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Foundation is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an email address to use the "email a friend" feature of our Website, we will transmit the contents of that email and your email address to the recipients.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Foundation, our customers, or others.
Choices about How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers Opt-Out. If you do not wish to have your email address/contact information used by the Foundation to promote our own or third parties' products or services, you can opt-out by unchecking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data (the order form/registration form, by logging into the Website and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes, or by submitting request through our Contact Form. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Foundation as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
Nevada residents who wish to exercise their sale opt-out rights under Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A may submit a request through our Contact Form. However, please know we do not currently sell data triggering that statute's opt-out requirements.
Accessing and Updated Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into your account on the Website.
You may also use our Contact Form to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls.
The safety and security of your account information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
It is our notice to post any changes we make to our privacy notice on this page. If we make material changes to how we treat our users' personal information, we will notify you by email to the primary email address specified in your account and/or through a notice on the Website home page. The date the privacy notice was last revised is identified at the top of the page. You are responsible for ensuring we have an up-to-date active and deliverable email address for you, and for periodically visiting our Website and this privacy notice to check for any changes.
To ask questions or comment about this privacy notice and our privacy practices, contact us at:
Take Our Daughters and Sons to Work Foundation
209 E. Fearing Street, Suite 1, Elizabeth City, NC 27909
ND: 4838-7421-1041, v. 6