Our 2021 Event
Virtual Take Our Daughters And Sons To Work® DayThursday, April 22, 2021
We're very excited about the program for our first virtual career adventure!
We will have live hosts and keynote speakers, pre-recorded videos highlighting five career clusters, and interactive features. The program will last 2.5 hours and will start at 9am EDT and again at 12pm EDT. Here is an overview of the schedule, with links to more details below.
Virtual Career Adventure Overview
|EVENT TIMES:||9:00 - 11:30 am EDT and 12:00 - 2:30 pm EDT
9:00 am - Kick off, A conversation with Gloria Steinem, Take Our Daughters And Sons To Work Day champion, author, feminist organizer and political activist.
12:00 pm - Kick off, An address by Gitanjali Rao, Time Magazine’s first-ever Kid of the Year, scientist and inventor.
What to Expect?
- 2.5 hour virtual career adventure offered twice, once at 9 am EDT (6 am PDT) and again at 12 pm ET (9 am PT), via YouTube Live stream
- No cost to attend, with donations to TODASTW Foundation encouraged and appreciated
- Same content, except for different keynote speakers and hosts
- Live moderated program, featuring live keynote speaker and prerecorded content, plus interactive polls
- Submit questions to our keynote speakers in advance of the event
- Each of the five career segments will run 20 to 25 minutes and will include videos highlighting three jobs in that career cluster, plus other content and fun interactive activities
- Target audience: grades 4 through 8, but content is appropriate for older and younger children
- Program materials will be available for download before the event, including a participant’s Passport activity booklet in different language translations and a teachers’ guide
- Select content can be accessed for one week following the event
For more information, please explore the other content areas in this section.