Last Modified: March 19, 2021
The terms “you” and “your” refers to all Service users, including, but not limited to, event coordinators, program facilitators, parents, students, teachers, mentors, program registrants, and unregistered guests using the Services, or to the parent or legal guardian (over the age of 18) of a user of the Services if such user is a minor in his or her state of residence.
We reserve the right to withdraw or amend the Services, and any service or material we provide with the Services, in our sole discretion without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason all or any part of the Services are unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, we may restrict access to some or all parts of the Services.
You are responsible for both:
- Making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the Services.
We may update the content provided as part of the Services from time to time, but its content is not necessarily complete or up-to-date. Any of the material available may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
You may browse the Website and view certain content without registering, but registration maybe necessary to participate and/or access certain events, classes, promotional products, informational materials, and/or activities (together, “Events") as part of the Services. To register you must either (i) submit certain information about you or your organization or (ii) provide an organization identifier or marker. It is a condition of your, and your organizations', use of the Services that all the information provided during registration be correct, current, and complete. You shall be responsible for all uses of your registration, whether or not authorized by you. The features, Services, Events, options, and fees may be described more fully on the Website and/or in an applicable registration page, order form, or similar document.
You agree that all information provided in relation to the use and/or registration of the Services, account set-up, and/or completion of a Transaction, including, but not limited to, through the use of any interactive features on the Services, is governed by our Privacy Notice, and you consent to all actions we take with respect to your information consistent with our Privacy Notice.
If you choose, or are provided with, a user name, password, registration identifier, or any other piece of information as part of your registration, you must treat such information as confidential, and you must not disclose it to any other person or entity except as necessary to utilize the Services as intended based upon registration.
You also acknowledge that your account is personal to you/your organization and agree not to provide any other person with access to the account or portions of it. You agree to be responsible for the security of your account information and for the use or misuse of such information by users authorized by you or your organization to use the Services. You will immediately notify us in writing via our Contact Form if any such users are no longer authorized. You agree that all information provided is provided in compliance with all applicable laws, rules and regulations, including, privacy regulations.
User Purchases and Donations
If you make a donation to the Foundation or purchase services or products offered on the Website or through any Services (each, a “Transaction”), you will be asked to supply certain information applicable to your Transaction, including, without limitation, payment card and other information to a third-party payment processor for purposes of facilitating the completion of a Transaction(s) initiated by you or on your behalf. You understand that any such information is subject to the Privacy Notice of the third-party payment processor. You agree to pay all charges incurred by you or any users of your account and payment card (or other applicable payment mechanism) at the price(s) in effect when such charges are incurred. You will also be responsible for paying any applicable taxes relating to your Transaction(s).
You represent and warrant that all information you provide for the Transaction, including but not limited to all information concerning your name, address, and other identifying information of any nature will be true, complete, and correct, and that you will update all information as it changes. If we are unable to verify or authenticate any information you provide during any registration, ordering, purchase, sale, authentication, delivery, payment or remittance process, or any other process, your event registration or order may be cancelled, we may refuse to honor all pending and future purchases made on such payment card accounts and/or on any online accounts associated with such payment card accounts, and you may be prohibited from using the Services.
Intellectual Property Rights
The Services and all content, features, and functionality related thereto (including but not limited to all information, text, displays, images, video, and audio, and the design, selection, and arrangement thereof) are owned by the Foundation and are protected by United States and international copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws.
- Event coordinators, program facilitators, parents, students, teachers, mentors, or program participants downloading and utilizing such materials for the purposes of promoting and participation in an Event.
- Your computer may temporarily store copies of such materials in RAM incidental to your accessing and viewing those materials.
- You may store files that are automatically cached by your web browser for display enhancement purposes.
- If we provide desktop, mobile, or other applications for download, you may download a single copy to your computer or mobile device solely for your own personal, non-commercial use, provided you agree to be bound by our end user license agreement for such applications when downloaded.
- If we provide social media features with certain content, you may take such actions as are enabled by such features.
You must not:
- Modify copies of any materials.
- Use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences, or any graphics without the express written consent of the Foundation.
- Delete or alter any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notices from copies of materials.
The Foundation name and logo, and all related names, logos, product and service names, designs, and slogans are trademarks of the Foundation or its affiliates or licensors. You must not use such marks without the prior written permission of the Foundation. All other names, logos, product and service names, designs, and slogans on this Services are the trademarks of their respective owners.
Links from the Services
If the Services provide links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your convenience only. This includes links contained in advertisements, including banner advertisements and sponsored links. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. If you decide to access any of the third-party websites related to the Services, you do so entirely at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use and privacy policies for such websites and third-parties.
- In any way that violates any applicable federal, state, local, or international law or regulation (including, without limitation, any laws regarding the export of data or software to and from the US or other countries).
- For the purpose of exploiting, harming, or attempting to exploit or harm minors in any way by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable information, or otherwise.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any advertising or promotional material, including any "junk mail," "chain letter," "spam," or any other similar solicitation.
- To impersonate or attempt to impersonate the Foundation, a Foundation employee, another user, or any other person or entity (including, without limitation, by using email addresses or user names associated with any of the foregoing).
- To engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone's use or enjoyment of the Services, or which, as determined by us, may harm the Foundation or users of the Services, or expose them to liability.
Additionally, you agree not to:
- Use the Services in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the Website or interfere with any other party's use of the Services, including their ability to engage in real time activities through the Services.
- Use any robot, spider, or other automatic device, process, or means to access the Services for any purpose, including monitoring or copying any of the material on the Services.
- Use any device, software, or routine that interferes with the proper working of the Services.
- Introduce any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, logic bombs, or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful.
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage, or disrupt any parts of the Services, the server on which the Services is stored, or any server, computer, or database connected to the Services.
- Attack the Services via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack.
- Otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Services.
The Services may include message boards, chat rooms, personal web pages or profiles, forums, bulletin boards, surveys, testimonial requests, review submissions, question/answer submissions, and other interactive features (collectively, "Interactive Services") that allow users to post, submit, publish, display, or transmit to the Foundation, other users or other persons (hereinafter, "post") content or materials (collectively, "User Contributions") on or through the Services.
Any User Contribution you post to the site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. By providing any User Contribution on the Services, you grant us and our affiliates and service providers, and each of their and our respective licensees, successors, and assigns the right to use, reproduce, modify, perform, display, distribute, and otherwise disclose to third parties any such material for any purpose.
You represent and warrant that:
- You own or control all rights in and to the User Contributions and have the right to grant the license granted above to us and our affiliates and service providers, and each of their and our respective licensees, successors, and assigns.
You understand and acknowledge that you are responsible for any User Contributions you submit or contribute, and you, not the Foundation, have full responsibility for such content, including its legality, reliability, accuracy, and appropriateness.
We are not responsible or liable to any third party for the content or accuracy of any User Contributions posted by you or any other user of the Services.
Monitoring and Enforcement; Termination
We have the right to:
- Remove or refuse to post any User Contributions for any or no reason in our sole discretion.
- Disclose your identity or other information about you to any third party who claims that material posted by you violates their rights, including their intellectual property rights or their right to privacy.
- Take appropriate legal action, including without limitation, referral to law enforcement, for any illegal or unauthorized use of the Services.
However, we cannot review all material before it is posted on the Services, and cannot ensure prompt removal of objectionable material after it has been posted. Accordingly, we assume no liability for any action or inaction regarding transmissions, communications, or content provided by any user or third party. We have no liability or responsibility to anyone for performance or nonperformance of the activities described in this section.
These content standards apply to any and all User Contributions and use of Interactive Services. User Contributions must in their entirety comply with all applicable federal, state, local, and international laws and regulations. Without limiting the foregoing, User Contributions must not:
- Contain any material that is defamatory, obscene, indecent, abusive, offensive, harassing, violent, hateful, inflammatory, or otherwise objectionable.
- Promote sexually explicit or pornographic material, violence, or discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age.
- Infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or other intellectual property or other rights of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Promote any illegal activity, or advocate, promote, or assist any unlawful act.
- Cause annoyance, inconvenience, or needless anxiety or be likely to upset, embarrass, alarm, or annoy any other person.
- Impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or organization.
- Involve commercial activities or sales, such as contests, sweepstakes, and other sales promotions, barter, or advertising.
- Give the impression that they emanate from or are endorsed by us or any other person or entity, if this is not the case.
Digital Millennium Copyright Act
We comply with the provisions of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act applicable to internet service providers (17 U.S.C. §512, as amended). If you have any complaints with respect to material posted through the Services, you may contact our Designated Agent at the following address: 209 E. Fearing Street, Suite 1 Elizabeth City, NC 27909 or electronically via our Contact Form. Any notice alleging that materials hosted by or distributed through the Services infringe intellectual property rights must include the following information:
- an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright or other right being infringed;
- a description of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed;
- a description of the material that you claim is infringing and where it is located on the Service;
- your address, telephone number, and email address;
- a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the use of the materials on the Service of which you are complaining is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- a statement by you that the above information in your notice is accurate and that, under penalty of perjury, you are the copyright or intellectual property owner or authorized to act on the copyright or intellectual property owner’s behalf.
Reliance on Information Posted
The information presented on or through the Services is made available solely for general information purposes. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of this information. Any reliance you place on such information is strictly at your own risk. We disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by you or any other visitor to the Services, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
The Services may include content provided by third parties, including materials provided by other third-parties and third-party licensors, syndicators, aggregators, and/or reporting services. All statements and/or opinions expressed in these materials, and all articles and responses to questions and other content, other than the content produced by the Foundation, are solely the opinions and the responsibility of the person or entity providing those materials. These materials do not necessarily reflect the opinion of the Foundation. We are not responsible, or liable to you or any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials provided by any third parties.
The Foundation is based in the State of North Carolina in the United States. We make no claims that the Services or any of the content is accessible or appropriate outside of the United States. Access to the Services may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If you access the Services from outside the United States, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
Disclaimer of Warranties
WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY WARRANTY THAT THE USE OF THE SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE OR THAT THE SERVICES WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS. SERVICES ARE PROVIDED TO YOU ON AN “AS-IS” BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR ARISING BY STATUTE, CUSTOM, COURSE OF DEALING OR TRADE USAGE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, TITLE, ACCURACY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
Limitation on Time to File Claims
Waiver and Severability
Your Comments and Concerns
These Services are provided by the Take Our Daughters and Sons to Work Foundation non-profit located at 209 E. Fearing Street, Suite 1, Elizabeth City, NC 27909.
All feedback, comments, requests for technical support, and other communications relating to the Services should be submitted through our Contact Form.
ND: 4813-8567-9073, v. 5